Dear Friends of Dive Provo:
We are open and diving every day! You can book your diving online, or call us for availability. We want to make sure we have boat space and staff available.
If you are on the island, you can call or WhatsApp us on 1-649-431-1786 or 1-649-232-5921. If you are planning ahead, please call our US reservations office at 1-800-234-7768. If you get the answering machine, please leave your phone number and we will call you back.
You can also e-mail us at email@example.com. We are checking emails regularly.
We hope to see you again soon!
Dive Provo Safe Practices & Protocols
Listed below are some of the measures we are currently taking for the safety of all. Please note that while the protocols take into account current WHO, DAN, and TCI Government guidelines, they are living documents that need to be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.
Use of face masks (face and nose coverings) and social distancing:
- Face masks must be worn inside the shop and people are expected to maintain six feet of social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the doors and on the counter and people are encouraged to use it.
- On the boats face masks are required while exiting and entering the marina, but once underway and people are able to spread about the boat, masks can be removed while out in the fresh air.
- Face masks must be used when using the head.
- Dive Provo can not provide transfers at present. We encourage car rentals or individual transportation to and from resorts, the dive shop, and dive boats for safety reasons. Please visit our Transfers page for more information.
- The maximum number of people per boat has been reduced to 10 divers and 4 staff.
- Heads are cleaned after each trip normally with disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the head.
- There will be no communal rinse buckets on the boat.
- At the end of each day, high traffic areas are wiped with a bleach solution followed by the normal boat rinsing.
- Foodservice on the boats has also changed. We encourage people to bring their own, however, we will still be providing pre-wrapped granola bars and for longer trips a sandwich (clingfilmed).
- Regulators and masks will be soaked in a bleach solution, then rinsed with fresh water.
- Dive Provo sells a good selection of masks and snorkels in their shop should you prefer to use your own.
- BCD’s and Wetsuits will be washed with a mild bleach dilution followed by a thorough rinse.
Government Visiting Requirements
There are simple steps you and your family can take to guarantee a safe experience in the Turks and Caicos Islands. TCI SAFE™ ensures an easy process so you can relax and enjoy our islands with confidence.
GOVERNMENT PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must have been taken no more than 5 days prior to arrival. This must be a PCR test (not an antibody test).
- Complete a health screening questionnaire.
- Have travel insurance, which includes emergency assistance and COVID-19 emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
Proof of all the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured portal which is also available from the Tourist Board’s website. Travelers may submit the application process no later than twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival. Once uploaded, the documents will be verified and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler which grants approval to travel.
Click here for important information on Travel Insurance.
U.S. AND CANADIAN COVID-19 BORDER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
For U.S. Travelers:
The U.S. Government has announced that starting January 26th, all travelers, aged two and up, entering the country via air-travel must have a negative covid test to board the flight. Even if you have had the vaccine, the test is still required. Test and results must be taken and received within 3 days of the flight. Viral tests only, at this time antigen tests or proof of vaccination will not be accepted. Paper, showing the negative results should be presented to the airline at check-in.
For Canadian Travelers:
The Canadian Government has announced that starting January 6th, all travelers, aged five and up, entering the country via air-travel must have a negative PCR covid test to board the flights. Test and results must be taken and received within 3 days of the flight. Viral tests only, at this time antigen tests or proof of vaccination will not be accepted. Paper, showing the negative results should be presented to the airline at check-in.
Below are three facilities in the area that may be able to offer you testing.
Please be aware that all prices and information is subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to make an appointment in advance to ensure you have your results in time for your departing flight.
Grace Bay Medical
Cost: $215 per person
Results: Two Business Days*
(*Tests should be taken prior to 10am to receive results back quickly.)
Monday – Friday
+1 (649) 941-5252
Cost: $185 per person
Results: 24 – 48 hours
Monday – Saturday
+1 (649) 941-5629
OmniCare Medical Clinic
Cost: $185 per person
Results: 24 – 36 hours
Monday – Saturday
+1 (649) 941-5050
*Rates subject to change.
What Happens If I Test Positive?
With the iTravelInsured® Travel LX Plan, should you contract COVID-19 on your trip and be required to quarantine for 14 days in Provo, there is a Travel Delay benefit available. Details can be found on the Trip Insurance page or by contacting our US-based reservations office at 800-234-7768 or in Florida at 954-351-9771