Dear Friends of Dive Provo:
We are open and diving every day!
You can book your diving online, or call us for availability. We want to make sure we have boat space and staff available.
If you are on the island, you can call or WhatsApp us on 1-649-431-1786 or 1-649-232-5921.
If you are planning ahead, please call our US reservations office at 1-800-234-7768.
If you get the answering machine, please leave your phone number and we will call you back.
You can also e-mail us at email@example.com. We are checking emails regularly.
September is generally a slow month, so you are also able to book private charters online for September.
In the meantime, you can always join the #iwilltravelagain movement by purchasing a gift card for travel anytime up to the end of 2021. This will help spread the word that you plan to travel again and encourage the world to do the same. It’s a quick and simple vote of confidence that says, “we will be back!”
Thank you for thinking of us and we hope to see you again soon!
Dive Provo Post-COVID Safe Practices & Protocols
Listed below are some of the measures we are currently taking for the safety of all.
Please note that while the protocols take into account current WHO, DAN, and TCI Government guidelines, they are living documents that need to be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.
The Global Safety Stamp of Approval on the right signifies we have also adopted the health and hygiene global standardized protocols outlined by the World Travel & Tourism Council.
Use of face masks (face and nose coverings) and social distancing:
- Face masks must be worn inside the shop and people are expected to maintain six feet social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the doors and on the counter and people are encouraged to use it.
- On the boats face masks are required while exiting and entering the marina, but once underway and people are able to spread about the boat, masks can be removed while out in the fresh air.
- Face masks must be used when using the head.
- Dive Provo can not provide transfers at present. We encourage car rentals or individual transportation to and from resorts, the dive shop, and dive boats for safety reasons. Please visit our Transfers page for more information.
- The maximum number of people per boat has been reduced to 10 divers and 4 staff.
- Heads are cleaned after each trip normally with disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the head.
- There will be no communal rinse buckets on the boat.
- At the end of each day, high traffic areas are wiped with a bleach solution followed by the normal boat rinsing.
- Foodservice on the boats has also changed. We encourage people to bring their own, however, we will still be providing pre-wrapped granola bars and for longer trips a sandwich (clingfilmed).
- Regulators and masks will be soaked in a bleach solution, then rinsed with fresh water.
- Dive Provo sells a good selection of masks and snorkels in their shop should you prefer to use your own.
- BCD’s and Wetsuits will be washed with a mild bleach dilution followed by a thorough rinse.
Government Visiting Requirements: Effective July 22
There are simple steps you and your family can take to guarantee a safe experience in the Turks and Caicos Islands. TCI SAFE™ ensures an easy process so you can relax and enjoy our islands with confidence.
GOVERNMENT PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test result. The test must have been taken no more than 5 days prior to arrival. This must be a PCR test (not an antibody test).
- Complete a health screening questionnaire.
- Have travel insurance, which includes emergency assistance and COVID-19 emergency medical evacuation/repatriation
Proof of all the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured portal which is also available from the Tourist Board’s website. Travelers may submit the application process no later than twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival. Once uploaded, the documents will be verified and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler which grants approval to travel.
The following provide travel insurance options. Be sure to read all policies carefully before purchasing for restrictions.
Important: Once you have made your first arrangement for a trip, that date becomes the initial trip deposit date. Most travel insurance coverages require you to purchase your plan within a specified number of days (usually 10-20) of making that initial trip deposit if the coverage is to be in effect.
With iTravelInsured® We recommend the Travel LX Plan which includes a “Cancel for Any Reason” benefit and Emergency Medical Evacuations coverage.
The latter coverage kicks in if you become sick and require immediate treatment at a medical facility. This coverage can provide the following benefits for covered events:
- Transportation to the nearest suitable medical facility
- Transportation to return minors home if their guardian is hospitalized
- Transportation to return home once the patient is fit the fly
- Transportation to fly someone to the patient if they are hospitalized for 3 days & traveling alone
If one of you contract the virus before your trip, coverage may be available for trip cancellation as a covered sickness. Sickness due to COVID would fall under a covered reason for trip cancellation. However, cancellations due to travel warnings, travel advisories, or fear of COVID-19 are not covered.
If you are denied boarding a flight or participating on a trip due to a fever or sickness and were asymptomatic prior, you may have a claim for trip cancellation for a covered condition. You would need documentation from a physician following the denial to travel certifying that they required medical treatment, which resulted in travel restrictions.
Further information will be published shortly.