Dive Provo Safe Practices & Protocols
Listed below are some of the measures we are currently taking for the safety of all. Please note that while the protocols take into account current WHO, DAN, and TCI Government guidelines, they are living documents that need to be updated as new information becomes available about COVID-19.
Use of face masks (face and nose coverings) and social distancing:
- Face masks must be worn inside the shop and people are expected to maintain six feet of social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the doors and on the counter and people are encouraged to use it.
- On the boats face masks are required while exiting and entering the marina, but once underway and people are able to spread about the boat, masks can be removed while out in the fresh air.
- Face masks must be used when using the head.
- Due to COVID restrictions, we can no longer offer complimentary transfers in our buses to the boats. With heightened awareness of mixing with strangers, many people are opting to rent vehicles for their stay on the island, and are meeting us each day at the dock. We have also contracted with a local taxi driver to provide transfers for us in his approved vehicle for $15.00 round trip per person. This is much cheaper than organizing a taxi yourself and you can either pre-book the transfers or decide once you are here. We encourage car rentals or individual transportation to and from resorts, the dive shop, and dive boats for safety reasons.
- Please visit our Transfers page for more information.
- The maximum number of people per boat has been reduced to 10 divers.
- Heads are cleaned after each trip normally with disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the head.
- There will be no communal rinse buckets on the boat.
- At the end of each day, high traffic areas are wiped with a bleach solution followed by the normal boat rinsing.
- Foodservice on the boats has also changed. We encourage people to bring their own, however, we will still be providing pre-wrapped granola bars and for longer trips a sandwich (clingfilmed).
- Regulators and masks will be soaked in a bleach solution, then rinsed with fresh water.
- Dive Provo sells a good selection of masks and snorkels in their shop should you prefer to use your own.
- BCD’s and Wetsuits will be washed with a mild bleach dilution followed by a thorough rinse.